Jacob and Esau were estranged for many years. Their reconciliation provides lessons on community transformation.
Collection of Blog Posts - Small Groups, Bible Study, Community, and Transformation
Welcome to the Working to Live Differently blog on finding, becoming, and living in Christian community. My goal is to show how to encourage personal and community growth through a process that looks like this:
- share honestly with yourself, God, and other people
- connect with God and people
- build and become part of a group with a sense of belonging
- learn and grow through Bible study and Bible doing
- inspire others and be inspired
- share your experiences (successes and failures) to continue the process of connecting, belonging, and growing
Blog posts include how-to articles and reflections on leading small groups, developing friendships, building community, studying the Bible, and achieving personal and group goals. I also write on developing physical endurance, which I believe offers insights into spiritual endurance and perseverance while giving us a way to connect with people, God, and ourselves.
Restlessness along with fear and distress can indicate the need for transformation; rather than running from these feelings, find and deal with their source.
Take steps that lead to transformation by changing yourself and your perspective rather than waiting for others or circumstances to change.