I am Julie Rains,the owner of Working to Live Differently and main (and only) blogger. At midlife, I realized that not only could I accept change and transformation but that I could actively pursue meaningful change and have fun, not a nervous breakdown!. My blog shares what I have learned so far and chronicles my journey in practical matters (like personal finance and fitness) as well as emotionally and spiritually.
I write about:
- personal and community transformation based on my experiences and reflections from classic and contemporary culture
- personal finance, covering investing and related topics
- fitness based on my background as a runner, cyclist, and RRCA-certified running coach
- faith matters including personal reflections and thoughts on the Bible from a Christian perspective
My most popular articles are:
- Simple Ways to Invest $1,000 or Less
- SigFig review
- It’s Okay Not to Be Special
- 5 Ways to Be Childlike But Not Childish
- Online Tools to Build an Investment Portfolio
At Working to Live Differently and @CarolinaRains, I have an audience of more than 1,000 people.
My work has been featured in Wise Bread, American Express OPEN Forum, and Loans 101.
I am interested in the following types of partnerships:
- product reviews
- sponsorship of fees and fund-raising minimums for athletic events (charity bike rides, runs, long hikes, etc.)
- brand ambassadorship
- advertising and/or affiliate programs
- writing contributions
If you are interested in working with me, please contact me at [email protected]